WORK could commence on  building sheltered accommodation on the former Motorworld site in Milford Haven town centre by November, full council at Pembrokeshire County Council was told.

The Charles Street eyesore’s redevelopment was delayed due to contractor certification issues before finally being demolished last year.

Cllr Mike Stoddart asked if the cabinet member for housing could tell members when the redevelopment of the Motorworld building is likely to commence?

Cllr Pat Davies said on Thursday (May 9) that she could “quite understand that the people of Milford Haven want to know what is happening on this site.”

“It’s taken what can only be described as some considerable time to materialise but we are now proceeding with this development,” she added.

A proposal for 17 sheltered accommodation units are being developed with initial plans and discussions with the planning department leading to a pre-application consultation.

A detailed planning application will follow and after approval, tender for construction will be carried out.

A start date of November this year is anticipated Cllr Davies said.

For More Hyperlocal News Stories Click on the Banner
, , ,
Similar Posts
Latest Posts from Wales News Online