As we move away from the majority of the legal restrictions, we all still have to play our part in stopping the spread of the virus. The risk of transmission remains; alert level zero does not mean zero measures.
Even if you’ve been double-vaccinated, please remember:
• Wash your hands and wear a face mask, especially in crowded places, on public transport, in shops or in health and social care settings, where doing so is a legal requirement.
• Keep your distance. Although the 2m rule has ended, be mindful that businesses have the right to maintain similar restrictions to help keep their staff and customers safe.
• Meeting outside is safer than inside.
• Let fresh air into indoor spaces.
• Get tested and self-isolate, even for mild symptoms.
• Work from home whenever you can.
By law, businesses will still need to conduct and keep a record of a specific COVID-19 risk assessment and to take reasonable measures to keep their customers safe. Further guidance and a template can be found here: https://gov.wales/public-premises-and-workplace-covid-19-risk-assessment . Our Public Protection Team will continue to monitor premises’ compliance with the coronavirus restrictions regulations and may require a copy of a completed COVID-19 risk assessment for your premises. Advice will be provided where businesses are found to be in breach of the requirements, and enforcement action may still be taken when it is necessary to do so.
As the summer holiday continues, a high number of visitors are enjoying our town centres. The safe zones still have an important role to play in helping people keep a social distance. These will be continually reviewed and sufficient warning of any changes will be provided to allow businesses, residents and visitors to adapt accordingly.
Latest figures from Hywel Dda University Health Board show that 64% of the population in Ceredigion are now fully vaccinated. Appointments can still be made for first and second doses and you can walk-in to any of the Mass Vaccination Centres for your first or second vaccine. More information on the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme can be found at https://hduhb.nhs.wales/
Taking responsibility means we can get back to doing the things we’ve missed the most. We’ve all got a reason to continue keeping Ceredigion safe.