Wales News Online

Local & National News for Wales

PORTH Ceredigion provides a service where health and social care issues are being dealt with in safe and experienced hands giving people an invaluable peace of mind.

This service is a partnership between Ceredigion County Council, Porth Ceredigion and Hywel Dda University Health Board, working closely with Primary Care and third sector organisations. It focuses on improving the flow of information between agencies to ensure faster decisions are made and that care and support can be provided to people in a more consistent and integrated way.

A referral to Porth Ceredigion directs an individual to a Social Worker, an Occupational Therapist, a Physiotherapist, a District Nurse or the Families and Children Services.

Further information about Porth Ceredigion can be found on Ceredigion County Council’s website or call Porth Ceredigion on 01545 574000.

An integrated team of professionals will consider closely every new referral to ensure the most appropriate response is put in place. Dedicated support will then be discussed with the individual to support their wellbeing.

The service provides a single point of access for help, information and advice about community health and social care services for residents of Ceredigion and improves the connection between people and their communities. Key to this is ensuring that citizens are at the centre of all conversations.

Examples of the work include helping children and adults to remain in their own homes by providing wrap-around seamless intensive support or rehabilitation. The service also aims to reduce the need for hospital admission or long term care. Another example is reducing any delays in terms of discharging people from the hospital by assessing them in their own homes rather than in a hospital setting. Carers are also supported in maintaining their own health, well-being and quality of life.

An initial call to Clic (customer service) will provide access to Porth Ceredigion where one of our six officers who are all bilingual can help you access social care services for both adults and children, including safeguarding.

Initial conversations will revolve around why you or the person you are calling about are concerned, what you are hoping to achieve and how you would like to do that. If you are calling on behalf of someone else, you would need their consent, unless you are concerned that they are at risk of harm.


%d bloggers like this: