THERE’LL be a carnival atmosphere across Carmarthenshire on Saturday as communities come out to put on a show for the Women’s Tour.
At least 12 community events have been organised by towns and villages to give families a fun-packed day as the best female cyclists in the world race through the county.
All the events are listed on Discover Carmarthenshire’s What’s On, and include:
- Family activities from 9am and throughout the day at Carmarthen Park, where the race will start at 10am
- Bicycles and bacon butties at Bethlehem, where the cyclists will compete for the Queen Of The Mountain jersey
- Family friendly entertainment and craft fayre in Ammanford town centre, from 10am until 3pm
- Cefneithin Cycling Festival from 9.30am
- Gorslas carnival procession, which starts immediately after the race has passed through the village
- Bacon butties and face painting at Y Cwtsh, Pontyberem, from 11.30-1.30pm
- Pontyberem carnival from 2pm, following the race passing through the village
- Tour Village from 10am at Pembrey Country Park, where the race finishes, including toddle bikes, Laser Tag, WRU and Scarlets sessions and more
Free parking will be available in council-run car parks in Carmarthen and Ammanford all day on Saturday.
For more information, including the full route and estimated arrival times across the county, visit www.discovercarmarthenshire.com