September 25, 2021

Newyddion Cymru Ar-Lein : Wales News Online

Newyddion Lleol a Chenedlaethol Cymru – Local and National News for Wales

Fire service warns on fire risks to homes over Christmas period

SHORTLY after 01:00am on the morning of Wednesday 18th December 2019, crews from Welshpool Fire Station were called to a property fire in Middletown, Welshpool, which involved a domestic washing machine.  The first floor of the property was severely affected by smoke and heat with four Breathing Apparatus and one Hose Reel Jet used in the incident.

Crews left the scene at 03:18am.

Deputy Head of Community Safety for Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service, Neil Evans said: “We want to ensure that people are well informed of the risks posed in their homes and how they can protect themselves and their families.”

“Running a washing machine, tumble dryer or dishwasher overnight or while you are out is a fire risk because of their high wattage, friction and motors.”

“A working smoke alarm in the event something does go wrong can be a lifesaver. We recommend that you have a working smoke alarm in your home and that you test your smoke alarm regularly, ideally once a week.”

Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service can visit your home and provide free Home Safety advice and smoke alarms. Please contact us on 0800 169 1234 for more information and to arrange a visit. You can also go to our website www.mawwfire.gov.uk and follow us on social media for safety advice on how to stay safe over the Christmas period.

Like what we Do? Donate here to support our free independent community news service
Help support our free independent community news service: CLICK to donate

Tranlsate Site»

You cannot copy content of this page

error: You are in breach of copyright
%d bloggers like this: