Indoor visits to care homes will be allowed in Wales from Saturday 29 August, subject to the strict controls set out in the guidance and conditions remaining favourable, First Minister Mark Drakeford conformed today Friday (Aug 21).

The First Minister said that from Saturday, August 22, extended households can expand to include up to four households in an exclusive, extended arrangement. Weddings and funerals will also be able to include a meal for up to 30 people, in suitably socially distant settings.

However, he also warned that despite the latest easing of lockdown restrictions in Wales, now is not the time to move away from the careful and cautious approach taken so far.

He said: “While coronavirus remains effectively suppressed in Wales and cases continue to fall, the situation in the rest of the UK and further afield is still problematic. Coronavirus has not gone away and so, as we move out of lockdown and look to the future, it is important we do this in a careful and cautious way.”

 

For More Hyperlocal News Stories Click on the Banner
, ,
Related Posts
Latest Posts from Wales News Online