OFFICES will be turned into two new flats in Haverfordwest town centre after planning approval was given.
A Grade II three-storey terrace on Picton Place, part of a set of buildings designed by William Owen, completed around 1839, will be converted.
A change of use application from Ms Dovile Stasiulevichene, of Audosta Ltd, was approved by Pembrokeshire County Council’s planning committee on (Dec 10).
The planning report states: “It forms part of an imposing neo-Georgian terrace that is a conspicuous part of Haverfordwest town centre and is visible to a large number of passing pedestrians and motorists.”
The building has recently been renovated but is empty, the application is for full planning permission for the conversion of the first, second and third floors from commercial uses to two apartments.
The ground floor would remain as a commercial unit, with access immediately off Victoria Place. A new stairwell would lead to the basement on the lower ground floor.
The first floor would contain a new one-bedroom self-contained apartment, and on the second and third floor there would be another new self-contained two bedroom apartment over two storeys.