THE Welsh Liberal Democrats today launch their 2019 General Election Manifesto, outlining a clear plan to build a brighter future for Wales, it’s people and our planet.
The Welsh Liberal Democrats’ ambitious plan for a brighter future, where every person, every community and our planet can thrive, includes:
- Stopping Brexit and investing the Remain Bonus in Welsh public services.
- Tackling the climate emergency by providing enough money to insulate every home by 2030 to cut emissions, prioritising all fuel-poor homes by 2025.
- Giving every child the best start in life by recruiting more teachers, as part of an extra £560 million for education.
- Building a fair economy with opportunity for all by providing universal free childcare, and delivering a ‘right to lifelong learning’ by investing in skills people need throughout their lives
- Transforming mental health by providing enough money for the Welsh NHS to treat it with the same urgency as physical health.
Ahead of the manifesto launch, Welsh Liberal Democrat Leader Jane Dodds, said:
“Our manifesto is a bold but achievable plan to build a brighter future for Wales, and that starts with stopping Brexit.
“We know that any form of Brexit will be bad for our economy, bad for our NHS and bad for our environment. While Labour and the Conservatives squabble about who gets to implement their idea of Brexit, we’re offering people the chance to vote to make Brexit stop.
“The Welsh Liberal Democrats will stop Brexit, but we will also provide free universal childcare to parents, invest in our schools to give our children the best possible start in life, give our health and social care services the resources they need to provide top quality care, and take ambitious action to tackle the climate emergency.
“For too long our politics has been governed by division, deception and fear. This election gives you the opportunity to vote to change the future of our country, to build a better and brighter future. You can start Wales on that journey by electing Welsh Liberal Democrats on December 12th.”