THE Welsh Liberal Democrats have set out an ambitious £100 billion spending plan for across the UK to tackle the climate emergency, including generating 80% of our electricity from renewables and retrofitting all homes by 2030.
The proposals are set out in the party’s fully costed “Our Plan to Tackle the Climate Emergency.”
Plans in the Liberal Democrat’s ‘Our Plan to Tackle the Climate Emergency’ include:
- Generating 80% of our electricity from renewables by 2030.
- Retrofitting all homes – cutting energy bills – and targeting those in fuel poverty first by 2025.
- Planting 60 million trees a year to increase UK forest cover.
- Ensuring all new cars sold are electric by 2030.
- Banning all non-essential non-recyclable single-use plastic within three years.
Welsh Liberal Democrat Leader Jane Dodds commented:
“The climate emergency is real and we need to take radical action now to address it. Our children will never forgive us if we allow the climate crisis to rob them of their future.
“Tackling the climate emergency is central to our vision for Wales. It’s a key part of our fully-costed, bold plan to protect our planet now and for generations to come. We will build a world with clean air, clean waters, and where wildlife can flourish.
“Our planet cannot afford to wait; we need to act now. If you want decisive action to tackle climate change and protect our planet, then vote Welsh Liberal Democrat on December 12th”
Conservatives’ Lack of Action on Obscene Energy Profits “Indefensible” says Welsh Lib Dems
New Audit Office Report on Poverty in Wales supports Plaid Cymru’s calls
Successful Operation targeting anti-social driving across Newport and Monmouthshire