BRYN Meadows Caerphilly 10K to be postponed in the interest of public safety.
The Caerphilly Council leader, Cllr. Philippa Marsden commented:
“We have been monitoring the easing of coronavirus restrictions over the past few months. Although these restrictions have begun to ease in the past few weeks – Sunday, May 16 2021 has arrived too soon to allow the Bryn Meadows Caerphilly 10K/2K to go ahead.
In the interest of public safety, we have taken the decision to postpone the Bryn Meadows Caerphilly 10K/2K until Sunday 12th September 2021.
We fully appreciate that many of you are looking forward to joining us in what is always a fantastic occasion for the county borough. But for public health, and that of our spectators, volunteers, event staff and the wider population – we believe that this decision is necessary and will allow the event to reach its full potential when it is deemed safe to do so.”
All entries will be transferred automatically to the new date. There is no need to get in touch to amend any details. There is nothing for you to do if you have already registered.
Additional information relating to when race packs can be expected, road closure information and other operational details will be shared at a time closer to the event.
For further information please visit the FAQ section of our website for more information: https://your.caerphilly.gov.uk/10k/faqs
Successful Operation targeting anti-social driving across Newport and Monmouthshire
Six men arrested in warrants carried out in Monmouthshire
Witness appeal after Blaenavon robbery