GUIDANCE has been issued for hairdressing salons and barbershops to ensure maximum safety as they reopen in line with COVID-19 regulations.
This comes following the Welsh Government’s announcement to allow hairdressing and barbering businesses to reopen on an appointment only basis from 15 March 2021.
In order to comply with the regulations, the following rules must be adhered to:
– Hairdressers and barbers can open for appointments only. No walk-ins are allowed.
– No facial trimming or hair removal is allowed
– A 2 metre social distance must be maintained between clients/workstations, or 1 metre with additional protection such as the use of screen (e.g. between hairdressing chairs).
– A temporary record of clients and visitors must be kept for 21 days to enable contact tracing, if necessary.
– Stylists must wear a face mask and a full face visor.
In addition, mobile hairdressers are now permitted to enter a client’s home, but only where there is no reasonably practical alternative to a home appointment. The Welsh Government guidance considers that there is no reasonably practical alternative to a home appointment when the client is unable or finds it difficult to leave home.
Further guidance for hairdressing and barbering businesses is available on the Welsh Government’s website: https://gov.wales/hairdressing-and-barbering-businesses-coronavirus-workplace-guidance-html
You can also download a poster with the latest guidance from the Council’s website: Downloadable materials: www.ceredigion.gov.uk/business/covid-19-supporting-ceredigion-s-economy/
We must all continue to follow the rules to keep ourselves, our families, our friends and communities safe at all times. Remember to keep a safe distance, wash your hands regularly and wear a face covering in indoor public places.
Remember that the coronavirus is still with us. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, however mild, you must self-isolate at home and arrange an immediate test, leaving your home for a test only. You can order a test online https://gov.wales/getting-tested-coronavirus-covid-19 or by calling 119.
More information and advice on coronavirus is available on the Council’s coronavirus pages: www.ceredigion.gov.uk/coronavirus
Together we can keep Ceredigion safe.