PLANS to create ten new houses in a village in Wrexham have been backed to go ahead.
An application to develop land off Johnstown High Street is due to be considered by councillors next week.
If approved, it would result in the demolition of several old farm buildings towards the front of the site, which was last used for storage purposes.
A decision on the application by Michael Forgrave was previously deferred because of concerns over the loss of an ash tree.
The proposals for a mixture of two, three and four-bedroom properties have now been recommended to receive the green light by Wrexham Council’s chief planning officer following changes to the layout of the houses.
In a report to members of the local authority’s planning committee, Lawrence Isted said: “This application was deferred at the 12 April meeting to allow for further consideration to be given to the concerns raised by the tree officer.
“The applicant has submitted an amended plan site layout plan in response to the above comments.
“The amendment will enable the ash tree to be retained.
“An arboricultural method statement has also been submitted setting out how the tree will be protected during construction.
“The impact of the other changes will not be materially different to the plans considered by members in 12 April and therefore will not adversely impact upon existing occupiers by way of loss of light, privacy or by being overbearing.”
A total of eight objections have been received by neighbours in regards to the original plans.
They include concerns over the impact on sewers, surface water and bats located in some of the buildings earmarked for demolition.
However, Mr Isted said a survey had found no evidence of the species being present.
The proposals will be considered by the committee at a meeting on Monday (July 5, 2021).