July 25, 2021

Newyddion Cymru Ar-Lein : Wales News Online

Newyddion Lleol a Chenedlaethol Cymru – Local and National News for Wales

Sir Thomas Picton School demolished to make way for new £48m school

WORK to demolish former secondary school Sir Thomas Picton is well underway following lockdown delays.

Pictures showing parts of the Haverfordwest school being demolished illustrate that the project to build a £48.7million brand new school on the site is progressing.

Work to make a new access is also progressing alongside the Prendergast site at the A40 bypass where a 40mph speed limit has been in place for some time.

Morgan Sindall is the contractor for the pre-construction design services contract and the company had been on track with the demolition and asbestos removal, with it expected to take several months to complete.

Head of infrastructure and construction Darren Thomas said in May that uncertainty during the lockdown period has been “flagged up” so the situation is “positive as it stands, but not completely out of the woods.”

At a meeting of Pembrokeshire County Council’s cabinet in May members were also told that construction of the new school by October 2022 was still achievable.

It has also been agreed to invest a further £4.6million for a “state-of-the-art leisure provision” at the Prendergast site.

 

Like what we Do? Donate here to support our free independent community news service
Help support our free independent community news service: CLICK to donate

You cannot copy content of this page

error: You are in breach of copyright
%d bloggers like this: