TWO Newport and Caerleon barbers have been ordered to close after breaching coronavirus regulations.
Roman Barbers on High Street in Caerleon and Elegance Barbers on Cardiff Road in Newport were issued with a two-week closure notice last week.
Roman Barbers was told to close after inspections of April 13 and 16 found that they didn’t take “all reasonable measures to ensure that those in the building wore personal protective equipment (PPE).
The closure notice also says:
“A member of staff was witnessed by officers performing a close contact service, cutting hair without wearing a visor as required by Welsh Government guidance.”
Elegance Barbers was handed a closure notice on April 15 after also failing to require the use of PPE. The notice says that the barbers continued “to advertise that no appointments are needed” despite current regulations requiring hairdressers and barbers to operate on an appointment basis only.
Newport City Council has the power to issue closure notices to businesses found breaking the coronavirus regulations.
If changes aren’t made to both barbers then further action could be taken.
Both barbers could be closed until April 30.